Pamela Des Barres, Photo by Baron Wolman.
When I was in junior high, my friend Mary would confiscate her Mom’s copies of Weekly World News so we could make fun of the ridiculous articles. We particularly enjoyed Ed Anger’s column. Ed was a feisty old codger who decried the lack of intelligence and morals in modern youth. Well, time marches on and now I fear I may be turning into Edwina Anger. I will use photographs to illustrate my rant…Compare and contrast the California girls/ groupies of the '60s/early '70s and today's celebrity chasers. De-evolution much?
Sable Starr, early 1970s
OK, in all fairness, Nancy Spungen was a '70s groupie and she was obviously a control freak whackjob who wasn't playing with a full deck. But for the most part, old-school groupies were pretty awesome. Of course, maybe the quality of groupie is related to the quality of their prey. I mean, I know that Jesse James guy was famous, but he is no Jim Morrison or Johnny Thunders. (Sorry, Sandy.)
- Slums Off Hollywood Boulevard
- Hire Me
- Trashy Lingerie (Un) Dresses Celebrities for Halloween
- Dark Chocolate May Be Good for Your Child's Asthma
- 6 Tips to an Asthma Safe Barbecue
- Bacteria Exposure in Early Childhood: Does it Protect Children from Asthma?
- John F. Kennedy : Overcoming Asthma, Addison’s Disease and More to Become One of the 20th Century’s Greatest Men